Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tornados

I used to love storms when I was a kid. I'd linger by our sliding glass door just to see if I could get a glimpse of a tornado usually by candlelight. Just the thrill of danger lurking or some kind of a natural chaotic evil about to happen seemed to interest me to no end.

That was until I had three little girls.

I decided that tornado whistles in the city are NOT a warning for adolescent thrill seeking funnel watchers anymore, but for mothering instincts to kick in and huddle downstairs in the bathroom with no windows straining to hear the tornado whistle to finally turn off while calling the electric company by cell phone and trying to keep the girls interested in playing Memory (Dora style) by candlelight.

Not as thrilling as it used to be, folks.

No comments: