Monday, June 16, 2008

The voice of meat

We buy meat in those huge family packs, divide it into 1 or 2 pound packages and put them in our freezer. It's cheaper, basically it's taking the labor and time of packaging it into smaller packs out of the total cost of the meat.

So I was helping him put away the meat, and being he put the sharpie in my hand, I thought it would be funny to start labeling the packages with something besides...

Beef 6/16/08

And instead put things like...

Ethel RIP 6/16/08

or

Moo. 6/16/08

or

Beef... it's what's for dinner. 6/16/08

Josh got such a kick out of this, at first, that he refused to pack the meat by himself anymore and insisted that I label them. That was until he started getting his own ideas...

One of his chicken labels was...

MAD CHICKEN DISEASE
(Don't say I didn't warn you!)
Bwahk-ha-ha-ha-brawk

or...

Private: Unfeathered

and my personal favorite...

Wings ≠ Fly - What kind of crap is that?!


The Voice of Meat series continues after this...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it. It makes me smile and I will forever think back to this entry if I ever feel unimaginative.

Sammi