Sunday, October 09, 2005

Anger, jealousy and disappointment

Yesterday I suddenly got really angry, jealous and disappointed because of a person. Actually it was more the reality of where I want to be and can't quite reach my goals yet, because I am in this huge waiting phase in my life. I know I'm supposed to be waiting and learning, (I don't want to be) and I fight against it everyday of my life. As I welled up with those emotions, I felt pretty crappy about the whole ordeal, and did the totally unexpected.

I paid that person a complement.

I am not exactly sure how I knew I needed to do it, but I felt a hundred percent better. It was even something nice about what I was angry about. It was the truth as well (that helps). Which is totally off the wall for me, (not the truth, but the complement) because 1. I don't pay complements unless I really am really, really awed about something, and 2. I usually sit in my little world of hatred and mope about the pity of me.

The best part though is that I could see on their face that I made their day. Surprise, surprise, I was much happier that I impacted someone else's life in a positive way, and lifted them up, than any reason to make myself feel better. No pity party here.

And that is a change in pace.

Yeah, I highly recommend it.

No comments: