Thursday, October 27, 2005

Falling leaves

I really never thought I would actually hear the leaves falling. I figured it was just a funny little metaphor thing, and today there was frost on everything, so you could hear the leaves break from the tree and they whistled through the air to make a "pad" noise as they softly landed on the ground. It sounded like footsteps, through the woods all around me, which freaked me out while I was running until I figured it out.

Laurel's big Halloween party is today at school. So we rather frantically scoured our garage for something for her to wear. We managed to find a Belle costume. And out of the blue comment came from Josh. It was so important to him that Laurel had a costume today, because he could remember going to school not having one. Even a homemade one would do, he said. Kinda makes you think of all you take for granted.

I happened to sit down at the piano for a few minutes the other day and had one of those "perfect no note could be wrong" kind of days. I must of played for hours, and was only planning on 5 minutes. Just playing every song I've written and finished, even some I had been working on. And I haven't touched the piano since.

Actually I've been writing again. I used to write just notebooks full of stories and horrible poems for that matter (which I really didn't do for long, since I knew they were horrible to begin with). I always have ideas and call me crazy that my mind is creative. But I always figured that no one would want to hear what ideas I came up with, since I have such a dull life to begin with.

But I think that since my life isn't all that intriguing, my mind just might be. You know a whole opposites attract kind of thing, well, you get the point. Does that mean that people who have a "life" are the dullest people in their mind? Yeah, I better not ask.

Dar is talking my ear off, so I better go.

No comments: