Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Well I never thought for one second that I would be so excited about getting a bed, but I am. The mattress is either coming on Wednesday, or this weekend. We got the plumbing all fixed and for a really good price, (which is so awesome) and I hope I hope I hope, that the lumber guy comes this week so we have the extra money to tune my piano.

Plus this weekend I'm going shopping with my two sister-in-laws and my mother-in-law, and I'm really excited for my sister-in-law because we're shopping for new business clothes. Give me maybe a year ago and I would have been super jealous. That's just how much I have changed. And no that wasn't a pride thing, I am just so horrendously happy for her it is really a relief that I'm not jealous and bitter. I never said I was perfect.

Anyways, I've been looking for a good beginner guitar, and I have no idea what to look for. So I've been trying to do a little research and well, we will see. I don't want to sacrifice quality for price, but it's slow going towards understanding anything about guitars. I'm not overall concerned about name brand, but I want a good sound, good fit and all that. I don't want to hate it, and resent the fact that I didn't have a lot of money to buy it. So I think I have to break down and visit one of our local music stores and ask questions to whoever happens to be working, and try some out, the really really poor guy (or girl) because I probably won't buy it there, and I will waste a ton of their time. Although if I go to the one I usually go to, I've spent more than a ton of money there in my lifetime, without wasting any time, so I think they might be owing me something, huh? I still feel sorry for them.

I broke out my cello, and for the first time in forever I didn't feel really guilty about it. Don't ask me, I just really love the idea of more than just one melody line like on the piano, (which cello is one melody line) and the kids were really excited to dance while I played. It was fun. Something different to dance to than just music blaring out my computer. Usually I play some songs I've composed on the computer and the girls sit there like groupies and sing along with it. It's halirious to hear Laurel and Dar sing in the car, I have this car cd I made up of different songs I've picked up, and they love Barlowgirls, but it's really fun to sing. And the girls love it.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah i miss my cello. also i can not WAIT for this weekend. it is going to be a blast!!!! see you then lots of love and hugs.

sammi