Thursday, January 19, 2006

Haunt of the orange pop.

It's been a while.

I'm in the middle of listing stuff for the business and I've gotten stuck on a problem, so while I work it out and try not to frustrate myself into oblivion, I decided to do some blogging.

And really, I just haven't blogged for the pure fact that I haven't blogged. Not that I haven't thought about it, or that I couldn't get online and blog because of faulty wrists or anything, (I've never had faulty wrists, but the point is...) I really don't feel guilty about not blogging, as horrible as that sounds. I guess I just moved onto something else, whatever that something is.

I've been on this honesty kick. I don't know how to explain it, but I've been trying to see where I have been decieving myself and others in my life. What I have been trying to hide and kicking it in the butt. A few nights ago, Josh had orange pop that hadn't been put in the fridge yet. So he poured it and put ice in a glass and neglected to put it away before he went to bed. It was flat. Flatter than flat. I saw it the next morning. He happened to be in the room as I exclaimed some stupid thing about what is this? Why didn't you put it away? You know how it goes. I dunno. I guess I forgot. So I put it on the counter. He goes to work. Later I started to clean up the kitchen and do dishes. I take one look at it and it's in a glass that doesn't fit in the fridge (he wanted to keep it so he could drink it later.) So I think, okay if I drink it then it's not wasted, and he won't be angry at me. One tiny sip revealed a ton of nasty tastes that stayed glued to the inside of my mouth. I dumped it in the sink. Now I could clean the glass and be done. But nooooo. Josh comes home and asks, what happened to that drink from this morning? I drank it, I told him. Okay, so it was a half truth, I did drink a little bit. I mean for marital bliss, he didn't have to know I didn't drink it all... then I got to thinking, that wasn't that honest. It took maybe a whole second to digest that thought, and I said, out of the blue, in a moment of silence; I dumped it. You what?! I dumped it down the sink, it was really flat and watery and so gross that I dumped it. Oh. He says. Okay. The ice really killed it anyways.

Okay? Just okay? Usually he freaks about something like that. No kidding that the ice killed it. I killed it! Dumped it down the sink and tried to cover it up like some big scam. And it's those little things that make the big things, so if I'm dishonest about something as ridiculous as that to Josh, who am I going to fake out next? What does that say about my integrity?

We'll think about this one. Just remember the daunting orange pop in a 12 inch glass.

So now I won't have orange pop chasing me in my dreams. I just might miss that.

No comments: