Sunday, June 25, 2006

I think I'm just catching up.

I have to be honest that I thought I didn't need to dream, or to have goals for the past few months. I was pretty set on not having any dreams at all. Or is that the other way around? I was so set on the fact of not being able to achieve my dreams that I told them to get lost. (that sounds more like me) And they did, for a while anyways. I had convinced myself that it was okay to be mundane, that if I stayed where I was at for the rest of my life, I'd be alright with that. Thinking upon that, it resolved the fact that it was okay to be where I am at in life, which up until then, I wasn't comfortable with that fact.

But I keep get little nudges and encouragement to be more. Like I can do more. And be someone I really like to be. Mel is not a bad person as she is. But you know me, I have that consistent drive to be an even better person than I was before. Even when I think that I am comfortable in my life, I have that ambition to rock the boat and make the waters crazy so that everyone around me (and me as well) can grow. I subconsciously do this, not in drama queen fashion at all.

I've never been the name dropper kind of person, if I do say someone's name, it's so that I can connect better with someone by knowing someone else. Certainly not to make myself look better. But I had someone who was dropping my name and we hardly talk to each other, yet I kept hearing it! Quite flattering actually. They just haven't learned yet that it's not going to get them anywhere by dropping my name. I'm not famous yet.

Which reminds me. I was shopping with my sister-in-law, and I like to tease the cashiers when I go to pay for my things. This is extremely fun for me. The best thing to do is say their name, and they are all confused that I know who they are, forgetting their tag is on their shirt. Makes me laugh every time. Maybe that's why I do it, just to make me laugh... Anyways I was in a store and he asked me for my autograph (ie sign credit card slip) so I said, If I give you my autograph will you frame it? He looks up at me and asks, are you going to be famous in the next five years? Oh probably not, I said. Then he said, I'd still frame it anyways. Awesome.

Now that's flattering. Alright, it wasn't that flattering, it was just fun.

No comments: