Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pluit

Josh of course wants me to blog about his surgery he just had.

I told him, "Get your own blog." I believe that makes it 251 times I've told him that.

Make that 252.

This week was kids kamp. So I drove the girls each day to Riv, swearing after I picked them up that this was the last day they were going. However, I knew how much that they loved going, and they learned a lot.

These are the highlights of the week.

Cassie and I tried every braclet we could find in every store we went into.

Then we shopped for groceries, and found a fruit called a Pluit. It's basically an oval plum. But better. So I took probably 2 bites out of and Cassie finished it off. She was so disappointed when I told her to leave the pluit in the car until we got back from one of our errands.

And the cutest moments of all...

Dar said her first bible verse to her teacher this Sunday and got a treat.

Laurel decided to sit with me in church today, (she's so sweet) since Josh wasn't there to be with me. If you want to know why, tell him to get his own blog. So anyways, the pastor is talking about "the fall" of humanity, about Adam, and says, "then God sent his son to save us from this fall." Laurel pulls on my arm and whispers, "Hey mom!!!! He's talking about Jesus!" I laughed out loud and got a few strange looks.

Well here's a cuter story actually...

I was busy around the house and Josh was at the computer. Laurel told him that Cassie needed a diaper change, so he said he would get to it in a minute. I end up walking into the room several minutes later, to find a naked Cassie on the floor and Laurel wrapping up a wet diaper to throw away, wipe and all!!! She then tried to put on the diaper and had the tabs all set when I bent down to help her. I couldn't believe that Cassie was just taking it! She usually wiggles all over the place for me! I really should have Laurel change her more often.

That's what training will do for you. Except I didn't train her to do that. Talk about kids learning by example.

I didn't know I was such a good diaper changer.

No comments: