Monday, June 12, 2006

Anti-gay 'rights' (yeah right)

I happened to catch on the news about the anti-gay protest at a funeral of an American soldier. I was disgusted. The first thing I thought was, what a poor example of Christianity they are setting. I hate being a Christian in times like this.

God doesn't hate people because they sin, he hates their sin. I doubt that God has given up on people who decide that being gay is their lifestyle. Just like He hasn't given up on people who murder, cheat, steal, lie, or run a stop sign. Heck, I even run stop signs sometimes. Not on purpose, mind you. I just did it maybe a month ago. They put in a stop sign, maybe 3 months ago on Airport, and I simply forgot it was there. It was stupid. But God isn't going to hate me for that. Jesus insures that He has forgiven our sins. What makes gay people any different???

Maybe it's because I just don't see that much crap in my world. They believe they are doing the right thing, but they are going about it the wrong way. And that's what makes me angry. It infuriates me. Makes me just burn inside. Why is it that they aren't showing that God loves them, I mean how many times does love show up in the bible, you'd think that it'd be beaten into our heads, but no, we take one little stinking verse out and try to beat it into non-christians. God holds Christians accountable to their actions, not the people who don't believe in Him. So go ahead. Yell, 'they are going to hell.' I bet not one of them are going to come up to the group of anti-gay protestors, profess their sins and accept Jesus Christ as their savior in any of their demonstrations.

I want to scream that God isn't like these people at all.

I just hate the unfairness of it all.

No comments: