Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Worrier

I've been in denial.

I have to have my wisdom teeth out this Friday. Any prayers would be appreciated.

The denial is that they are going to be done, and that I'll survive. Alright, I know there is almost no chance that I'll die from this, and millions if not billions of people this year alone have had their wisdom teeth pulled. I got to listen to all sorts of stories of the pros and cons of having them pulled. Since I am always the last to do things like this, (latebloomer) I can learn from other peoples experiences before it ever happens, (i.e. plan for the unexpected that happened to them). So the following is the million thoughts going through my head; I tried to simplify by putting them in a list (in the order of thought process) that I'd like to call...

Things I just don't want to deal with:

I don't want to spend the money, it feels like such a waste.

With how unpredictable the recovery time is, am I going to spring back or am I going to have to have Josh around to help me with Oliver and company on Monday?

Will I be able to stand soup more often than one meal a day?

My mom won't be in the state, so even she won't be able to take care of the girls.

Will Josh be able to take care of the girls???

Will the girls be good?

Will I be out of it?

I've heard that the drug they give you for the surgery usually causes depression, what if I go off the deep end???

What will my cheeks look like all puffy?

Am I worrying for nothing?

What if I'm that .01%?

Is this worse than labor? Or pregnancy for that matter (which was worse for me)?

Will I feel any better (or different) after they are out?

What's the real reason I'm doing this for anyways???


What can I say, I'm a worrier. But now that it's all out, I don't have to deal or deny it anymore.

I can just face it.

No comments: