Monday, March 10, 2008

Coffee

Today I decided that buying coffee is like smoking a pack of cigarettes each day. It definitely costs more than a pack of cigarettes. Oh wait, isn't a pack five bucks now or something (You can tell I'm not up on my smoking genre)? A Biggby coffee is only slightly cheaper (by like 50 cents), and a lot more sugar. And it's not like either are good for you or anything.

I don't buy a coffee every day. I'm lucky if I get it once a week. Not that it makes it any better that I'm spending that much for it. I do always have coupons though. And a lot of the barristas know who I am. I just like my coffee once a week. Today I met the manager. When they asked me how I was today, I told them that I was grumpy. Both the barrista and the manager stopped dead in their tracks to look up at me in shock. I couldn't help myself. Then I smiled like I was joking and he said well, that's what the coffee is for. This is what I'm hoping, I said. He even offered to carry my coffee out to my car. How is that for awesome? I should have took him up on it, Josh thinks its because my gloves were covering my wedding ring (he always thinks that someones hitting on me). I just told him that he wasn't my type, but it would solve my coffee cost dilemma.

I can think of several things that make coffee so much better. It's not like I have to go outside to drink my coffee. You don't see any signs saying 'No coffee' with a big red circle and a slash through the middle of it, or a 'This is a coffee free zone.'

People don't come up to you and say, 'Could you please put out your coffee?'

Most people don't toss their coffee cups out the window on the highway while driving.

And you usually don't see smushed coffee cups on the sidewalk.

There isn't any special sand to put your coffee into before you walk into the grocery store.

But you can get a coffee from a vending machine. It's not recommended, but for all those 17 year olds, it's gold.

Yeah, I'm not kicking my bad coffee habit. Not today.

No comments: