Thursday, March 27, 2008

cparadise2, you bring small business' to shame.

I bought, well actually Josh bought some transformers on ebay. I waited a month before emailing the seller that we haven't received the merchandise. No response. Since I paid through paypal, I had to put in a dispute through them. No response. Another 2 weeks go by. Then I had to escalate it to a claim. Still no response, but one day, paypal decides to 'investigate' and gets a shipping number by magic. So I ended up getting the transformers and now I have to leave feedback. You are able to check a box whether your feedback is positive or negative, I of course choose negative. This is what I wrote (and had to shorten it being there is only so many characters)...

Items fine once recv'd, only shipped when escalated to claim - no email replies

I actually got an email from another ebay user that hadn't received his merchandise from the same seller and he thanked me for leaving feedback. He told me that the seller actually emailed him that he was sick, for more than two months now, and he was really upset that he still hadn't received it. Josh and I found another transformers set we wanted to buy but we found it was from the same seller. He had just listed more items in the time period of his 'sickness.'

The seller decides after all he knows how to reach his computer and emails me this gem.

Reply left by cparadise2 (the seller): I was sick and not feeling well, so I sent order late.Your SILLY another ROOKIE. Your very a SILLY PERSON !

As if 'silly' is an insult. Is this person for real?

So out of the kindness of my heart I thought I could explain some sense into this poor soul. I decided concise and blunt would be the way to go.

This was the first email I have received from you, to withdrawal a negative response which you rightly deserved. Will not buy nor recommend you any ebay user, and will NOT withdraw negative feedback as it was honest and accurate.

This is what he wrote today.

So I guess when your sick it doesn't slow you down.

This is what I sent back.

I guess when your sick you can still use your fingers and type an email.

one email to tell me you were sick, BEFORE I had to escalate it to a claim was all I was asking.


How big of a jerk am I on a scale from one to ten?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a 1 on the scale, assuming that is lowest, because he really should have sent something and shouldn't have "insulted" you, if that is what he thought a come back was and it was lame, and accepted the fact that he stunk with his service.

Sammi

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of a claim with this guy too. I wish I would have seen this first. The guy is a complete jerk. Getting tired of clowns like this on eBay that suddenly get sick when it's time to send your order.

-Brent (monxterbox on eBay)