Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cassie is a 2 year old

You know how sometimes one sentence or verse just sticks out there. And it keeps coming back to haunt you as if saying, "You aren't listening to me..."

Well this verse keeps popping up everywhere for the last year for me.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39


Is it just that I'm stupid enough not to comprehend the simplicity of God just loving us? You know maybe it's just beyond me. I'm just too stubborn to trust something so simple, and not even just trust it, but believe it, walk it.

Well, Cassie is definitely 2. In one day she managed to keep me so much on my toes that I couldn't let one second go by without her in my sight.

So I was cleaning crayon off with one of those Mr Clean Magic Eraser things, and ended up getting interpreted so I laid it on the counter. After I got everything settled back down, I started to do dishes and forgot totally about the Magic Eraser. I hadn't heard the girls for a while, so I checked up on them. Dar was playing quietly and Cassie was chewing on some blue foam. I just looked at her and thought it was one of their toys or something. Until it dawned on me several minutes later that the Eraser was no longer on my counter. I ran into the room and she had ripped it apart, shredded it, more like it, and eaten most of it. She wasn't in the room as I picked up the remaining pieces.

She was in the kitchen, unloading a full diaper, and writing with it.

So I changed her and got everything cleaned up when I walked out to her playing with my computer and munching on my mouse pad! (Yes, I have half a mouse pad as we speak) After I chased her out and picked up that, she had unloaded yet another diaper, and that was the last straw. I put her in a timeout chair. Cleaned everything up and carried her around with me everywhere I went. Seriously.

Even then she still got into things, and out of things, (like diapers) so I clothed her in clothes I knew she couldn't get off, and didn't take an eye off of her for the rest of the day.

When Josh got home I walked out and handed her over, and said, "Don't take your eyes off her, don't even think about setting her down and letting her roam the house." He was pretty shocked and maybe terrified as well... Then he said to Cassie, "You aren't suppose to be like Uncle Barney. Uncle Barney is suppose to get a kid like himself, not me." Needless to say, Cassie was very good when Josh was home.

Did I mention she also got crayons and ate them, and started stabbing Kix and Cherrios with the end of a toy, picking them up like those garbage pokers, or that she dumped chicken soup all over the floor and the girls thought it would be nice to help mom out by getting out the brooms and spreading it all across the kitchen floor? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I love 2 year olds.

Especially when you have a 2 year old, and an 18 month old acting like a 2 year old.

Makes it fun.

Okay it's not as bad as it sounds, but it does keep you busy. And she goes in streaks, several days of super goodness, and one day of the purest evil.

No comments: