Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Nails

I've been busy, yet not, lately.

My mom and I are in a bible study together with 3 other women. It's fun to watch each person and their reactions to others in the group. Not even that it's fun but interesting, something I've always been interested in is human behavior, what makes people tick.

I told a story about a pastor I knew pretty well. He told me his relationship with God wasn't right, so he decided to grow a beard because it irritated him and he would only shave it off when he was right with God. I always thought what an awesome thing, because there are always times when I've been lazy with my relationship with God, as if it's not important to me. "God will be there tomorrow." So I think.

So I took a long time to think of the one thing that really irritates me. I finally decided it is long nails. I know, I know, sounds crazy that a woman wouldn't want long nails, and I don't care if anyone else does have them. In fact, I have really great nails for growing, they don't peel, crack or anything. I just like playing the piano more, and nails get in the way.

I don't feel my relationship is right with God, which is my point of this whole story, and for accountabilities sake, I'm going to let my nails grow. So when you see me next and I have cut my fingernails, be happy with me that God and I got it straight.

Or I'm going to have incredibly long nails that are gross and curl and...

No I promise. I'll have them cut by then...

I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to short fingernails!!!! i hate em too. see you in a week.