Monday, November 07, 2005

National Day

All in one day we had this extreme windstorm, and the leaves are gone. Even my neighbors beautiful reds and oranges. Yup, looks more like winter to me.

It's so hard to believe that thanksgiving is coming up. It just doesn't feel like the holiday season this year. Not that it matters to me, since I really don't care about the holidays to begin with. I mean it's great to celebrate a day for Christ's birthday, don't get me wrong. We celebrate his death as well. Get that. Or rather we celebrate that he rose from the dead. I think that made it a little weirder. But it's true.

It's interesting what holidays stuck that we celebrate. You can look at the paper and in the corner of either the living section, or on the front page it says, it's national blah blah day. There is a "special" day for every single day of our lives, I'm not even sure it's consistent from year to year. Anybody print in the paper it's national get a new nose ring day, and nose ring sales will increase at least 25%.

Ooh! What a marketing tool. Buy the papers national day, (I'm pretty sure it's different for each paper) and say it's National Ford Focus Day. Or National drinking from dixie cups day. Could you imagine how crazy that would be? It could be a cliffhanger for the paper. So what day is it today??? What do I get to buy today? Stores would wrap the papers up so you couldn't cheat and not buy the paper, or they'd put a strategically placed stickers on newspaper boxes. It could be quite the thing.

But the whole national day thing hasn't taken off yet anyways, so don't get your hopes up on buying more stuff you probably don't need. Like more dixie cups. If you use dixie cups, you just saved yourself a buck. But on the Mel website I don't expect you to buy anything. At all.

So it's National Coca-Cola Day on Mel's website.

I could get to like this. Especially if they reimburse me for advertising.

No comments: