Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm pretty sure I don't live in the normal world that everyone else lives in. My world is at home and I hardly have intruders. It's a very safe environment because it is so controlled and cloistered, really. I know it isn't terribly practical, but it keeps me consistent and I know that in a few years when the girls are in school, I won't be confined just to the house. I'm not sure I'll know what to do with myself.

But I've noticed that the social aspect of me is going on a downhill trend. I don't even make eye contact anymore. And if I talk to anyone outside of my world, it's for very short periods of time. Seconds in fact. Not good.

I've never been the social butterfly, but I hate the fact that it's gotten worse. Like I have nothing to offer the world. And it's seriously how I feel. Because all I know is about my kids and housework, I have nothing to offer. Don't take me wrong because I'm not depressed, angry or lonely about it. And this is not a pity party for me either.

I'm just not sure what to talk about anymore that isn't just cracking jokes and small talk that I don't even participate in. I guess, really, first and foremost I am a mom. I take my job as a mom seriously. I want my kids to turn out exceptional, surprising and interesting. And I think dedicating my time to that is one of the most important things in my life.

So, yes, I am content with my life. I may have regrets, and things I would rather do. But I find contentment by enjoying whatever season you are in, in life. And though I doubt now will be my favorite season, it will definitely be the most interesting one.

So it continues...

No comments: