Friday, November 23, 2007

Music

So my favorite musicians right now are:

Brett Dennen: It feels like I'm Darlin', in his song 'Darling Do Not Fear'. I'm afraid of so many things, that this song reminds me that I don't have to be afraid of everything. I also like his song 'Ain't No Reason'. Very visual.
Marie Digby: Does anyone remember the remake of 'Umbrella'? My girls love this song. She also has a song called 'Spell' that I like. Soulful. What an amazing voice. Reminds me of Amy Lee's voice, who is better known as Evenescence.

I guess I'm an imagery kind of person. I envision things when they are sung. It's kind of like when you smell something that reminds you of something in the past. Sometimes when I pass the cleaning carts in hotels, the sanitary smell reminds me of my dad's hospital room when I was younger.

I've wooed my cat into sitting on my lap and not nipping. No, I didn't bribe him. He knows when I'm at the computer and he climbs into my lap, he's going to get scratched on the head. He likes being kissed on top of the head. I guess he knows that he's loved even when I get him in trouble.

No comments: