Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Up to date

Today is an amazing day.

Doesn't that just sound good and lift your spirits? I guess if you're in an indecisive mood and don't have an overly negative personality that would be true.

The reason I think it's an amazing day is a number of reasons. Josh is helping out his brother with his house, he even took personal time, that's how important it is to him. I was walking back from my run, and looked across our property. You can see our property from the stop sign (about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from our house, we live between two hills). Anyways there was a lone deer (I think a buck actually, I was too far back to make out antlers.) standing out on top of the hill before the pond. It was amazing. Just a glimpse of how great God is.

Josh took Laurel into school and Dar went with him so I had just Cassie. It's nice to get some one on one time with my girls. I guess Dar did really well because Josh stopped at his grandmothers to drop something off, and she was excited to see her.

I don't know if I said anything, but this year we decided to give the Pung side of the family a Cd of us singing and I put a few song on there as well that I composed. I guess Grandma Cole has been playing her cd for the senior community there and loving it. Quite a few people who were there recognized Josh's voice from the cd. I was shocked when I heard that.

The only reason I decided to make that cd for Christmas was because I wanted something unusual that was a part of us, that the rest of the family could take home with them. I got the idea from Rosemary Clooney (Betty in White Christmas). She used to send out tapes to each person she gave a Christmas card to, and she always sang a song, and personalized it with a little message to the person she was sending it to. What I would give to get my hands on one of those tapes, just to hear it.... Anyways, one of the women always kept every single tape she got from Rosemary, it meant that much to her. I thought that was really cool.

Of course the idea transformed. Cd's are the media of today, and this year I wanted to keep it simple and have all the cd's the same. So we had each of the girls sing a song, (I was surprised to get Cassie recorded, because it was very last minute that she started singing with the piano. Sheesh she was maybe 16 months? Unheard of. Unreal.) Anyway, and I put 3 of my recent compositions on there. Both my sister-in-law have said several times they love it. My mother-in-law said I had talent. My father-in-law nodded his head and said in his God-like voice, "This is good." (Okay something like that, but he did nod.) And now I find out the least unlikely person I thought would enjoy this cd, Grandma Cole, is playing it for her friends at her apartment complex. I believe my words were...

"I didn't think she even had a cd player."
"Actually," Josh says "she owns a DVD player that plays cd's as well as has a stereo system in her room."

I couldn't help but laugh. Even Grandma is up to date.

No comments: