Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Horizons

We went to the party and Laurel did great. There was a couple there that brought their 2 puppies and she didn’t freak out. It was amazing.

I realized I haven’t been writing. I’ve been busy, but that’s not really an excuse. If I had wanted to write then I would have made time to write. Right?

Today is Josh’s birthday, give him a call, send him a card. We have been house hunting and today we are double checking some houses, and hopefully putting in offers. It’s crazy to think we’ll be in a house again. I’m curious to see where it will lead us.

I like to over-think things, and it’s hit pretty hard in the last few weeks. When I over-think, I don’t just let myself enjoy where I’m at. I just worry about nothing, really. Nothing.

So I’m reading this book about how Christianity compares with Buddhism and Hinduism. The author was born in India, and is a Christian although I’m not sure if I agree absolutely with all of his theories, but his concepts are going the right way. Although he travels worldwide, he doesn’t quite understand American culture. Sometimes he takes a culture thing and he doesn’t quite get that it is something that is meant to be funny or strike you odd. But reading his background of India is fascinating. It feels like to me, that where I live, you get a broad spectrum of Christianity. Christianity, I think is a majority religion in America, although I can’t verify that. However, in places such as India, there are a lot of religions that battle with other concepts of religion than the one we so universally call Christianity. It was something I never really considered being that I live here in the US. Not seriously enough anyways.

It broadened my horizons, I suppose you could say.

No comments: