Monday, October 23, 2006

Memorization and repetition matters.

I can't believe how fast time is flying by, next week is Halloween. I pretty much have the family cd set this Christmas, I need to record it and put it together, but the basic idea is there. I'm excited about it, I'm going to be putting 4 or 5 of my songs on it, and a few things from the girls and Josh. It was a lot of fun to put together last year, makes me much more excited about the Christmas season.

I still haven't put my applications in, and honestly, I'm waiting until we move, (which will be in the next 6 months) when things settle down. I really don't want to start a new job and be moving at the same time. It'll be better for my family. And maybe something will show up before then. Who knows what the future brings.

I finally downloaded iTunes, and have been listening to different podcasts. I tend to learn by repetition, so I end up listening to the same podcast usually 2 to 3 times, before I can grasp the big picture. Oh, I'm fine with details, I'm just too busy thinking about those little details to get a hold of something bigger. I love the fact that our church records their messages so I can listen to them again, and take the time to fully understand them.

In fact, Laurel has been memorizing verses for church, so yesterday I asked her to repeat them to my brother and mom. She remembered all of them word for word and most of the time remembered the references. Then my brother and I went through our heads all the verses we had learned from Awana and DCC, in general. It was quite amazing what we had stored up in our minds, and what we could recall 12-16 years later. I thought I had forgotten most of that stuff.

I guess memorization and repetition really does matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR THE CD!!! if you can't tell i am excited because that was the greatest thing last year. i still listen to it.