Monday, October 09, 2006

I've seem to have gotten a free day today.

I woke up expecting to be taking care of Oliver, but as it turns out he and his family are still out of state. And I was all prepared to take care of him today. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or excited. Probably both.

I haven't been praying to get involved or anything, but in last few weeks, well, it's just been weird. Like looking for houses in Lansing has opened thousands of doors for me and my family (as well as shut many others). I was planning on joining a woman's bible study, but it was bad timing and I was sort of bummed that it didn't work out. I let it go, figuring that I wasn't meant to be there. So a friend of mine just yesterday asked if I wanted to join her study, which is at a much more convenient time and not only that but it has several women from different churches, not just Riv, attending. That is something I am very interested in.

The reason I am interested in studies filled with people from other denominations is because I feel as though Christianity has been ripped apart by minor differences and I would like to see them tied all together as one in the body of Christ. I think it's possible. In fact, I know it's possible.

There is only one God and there is only one Bible. The difference is there is many interpretations of God and His Bible, it just depends if the men who did the interpreting knew the heart of God, or were putting Hebrew words in Americanized English format. God and His Bible are still the same.

So we'll see how it goes.

No comments: