Thursday, October 05, 2006

My girls love their cousin, Oliver. Dar was just showering him in kisses. Just a few minutes ago I found Laurel talking to him, and he was intently listening to her, as if he knew exactly what she was saying. He seems to be doing really well, progessing from milestone to milestone almost like he is the 4th child. I'm really excited that he has this opportunity to be with us, and he's taking full advantage of it.

Which on the flip side, he's also taking full advantage of the girls getting toys for him. And just being lazy. Being that he is the firstborn in his family, he better enjoy it while he can. It doesn't last long, let me tell you.

For me personally, taking care of 4 kids is challenging my boundries as both a mom and an individual. I now make sure I take out time just for Mel, so I can be refreshed for when I do have all 4. Before I started taking care of Ollie, I was just squeezing it in when it was convient. If I was taking it at all. Now I tend to get up earlier so that I'm able to take care of myself before the rest of my day starts.

I filled out my applications for a few coffee shops in the Waverly area. I am planning on visiting a few others while I'm up there, just to see if I can get some weekend hours. I'm not really in it for the money, but just to re-establish who I am as a person. Actually it's more so I get adult conversations back into my life. I want to start talking to people on a normal basis again. I'm excited and scared, because I never know where something like this is going to lead me.

So if you think of me this next couple of days, put in a prayer that I will have the confidence to put in for those jobs, and seize opportunity if it arises. Pray that He will put me in a place where I can glorify Him the most.

Yeah. Exactly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL!!! You are really personable so i think you will do well in getting a job. And pretty soon you will have more Mel time than you know what to do with once all the girls are in school. Hope to see you next weekend. LOVE and HUGS
Sammi