Monday, May 01, 2006

The Great Gas Card Exchange

Josh has had a speedy rewards card for over 3 years. And I had been asking him to get me a card, on the same account so I could put points up when I fill. I wasn't going to use those keycard ones, since when I fill, I have the girls with me. It's very pointless to drag 3 girls into the gas station just so I can get reward points.

I ended up getting my own account, and made it this war to see who will win and get the free gas card first.

Well Josh thought he was so smart, one day and nicely pumped my gas for me, using his speedy rewards card.

"This means war!!!" I shouted at him.

So for the last month I've been plotting and planning on how I could get him back.

I filled up my gas tank in my van. Then when Josh got home, I found his wallet, and switched the speedy rewards cards. On Saturday, I went out with my mom to get gas for the tractor and was forced to put a few points on his rewards card. Ah!

However, he filled up his car and didn't even notice. When we went to church on Sunday, I needed to fill up the van again, so I sweetly asked, "Honey? Will you fill up the tank while I wash my windows?" Sure he says. Pulls out his card and pumps my gas.

Then he says, "Of course I'll pump the gas for you, I'm using my rewards card. Ha ha ha ha!" Ha ha I thought, if only he knew I had switched them while he was gloating!

We pull out of the station, and he says, "Oh look I have 4 thousand points." As if it's a good thing.
I couldn't contain myself,"Didn't you have eight thousand before?"
"No"
"Yes you did, when you picked up the rewards flyer to see what you could get, you had 8 thousand points."
"Huh. They must have gyped me a few points."
I couldn't help but give him that mischievous grin, the grin I usually get when I'm up to something.
"You. You spent my points!"
"Oh no, it's better than that."
"You switched them!!!"
"I sure did."
"Jerk! You sneaky jerk! I filled up this week too! How long has it been switched???"

I was hoping for it to be better than that, but after I realized in horror that he didn't even know his own point total, I had to intervene. I guess I could of just kept his card and said I had 8 thousand points, but I want to beat him on my card not by stealing his. It wouldn't be nearly as fun as doing it this way.

If Josh was anything like my brother, he would have already thought of how to get me good. But Josh isn't. He just isn't any fun. He's too nice. Oh well, I had fun with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know he may switch the cards on you thinking you won't think he will do it. hm... he can do that sometimes though i agree he can be no fun *hey i'm just joshing ya josh since i know you probably read this* muwahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Do Not! I mean...umm....nobody's home. What? Is that the sound of you typing Josh? I don't think so...doesn't sound anything like Josh typing. Short easy words? Oh, Hullo Sammi...*sigh* how about lunch? Condensed milk, or Hunny with your bread?

Anonymous said...

I like hunny with biscuits and condensed milk is gross. Also, that comment really made me laugh alot. have a nice day Mel and Not the Joshie.