Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stories in my life

After I told about my “magic” eraser, I started to think about all the things that have happened to me in just the last few days. I didn’t realize all the millions of stories I have to tell just from even a week ago.

Like:

To update the speedy rewards card story, I have filled up both vehicles with my card since. Josh filled his car with me, and I snuck out of the car and pulled out my rewards card before he even got to the pump. He thought that was pretty sneaky. Then yesterday my mom and I filled up our gas cans for the tractor and she had forgotten her card so I got to use mine. I think my total is past 6500!!! I started at 4 thousand I think.

Or:

Laurel got into the van after we finished shopping yesterday and made sure that my mom and I had grabbed our purses out of the cart and put them in the van.

Which brings me to:

A few weeks ago, I went to pick up the wheelbarrow tire and left my wallet on the shelf where the tire once was. Laurel reminded me that I didn’t have my wallet on me when we got to the end of the aisle.

It’s a proven fact now that I leave my wallet places without even thinking about it.

Today I put my wallet in my pocket, which isn’t an easy feat and it dropped out, not once, but twice onto the floor.

Then I walked out of the gym, and I had sweated through my shirt. So we walked outside to Sam’s car as the cold whipped around. It felt really good. So good I didn’t even think about it as I slipped into the passenger seat and sat back right into the ice cold sweat patch and let out this geeky squeal. After I told Sam what had happened, she bust a gut.

We were playing Password at my in-laws, which is where you have your partner guess with one word clues what the word is on your card. And one member of the opposite team also is trying to make his partner guess the same word, both teams go back and forth until someone gets it. The points are dependant on how fast you guess the word. Well being the genius I am, Josh lets out an, oh crap, as he looks at the word, which is restaurant. I take a look and think hey that’s not hard, but instead of saying “It’s not a hard word,” I say, “It’s not a restaurant!” Then Josh gives me a look of horror as I realize what I had said and bust out laughing. I get Josh going in this fit of laughter, since it’s really contagious. Even Sam and Ava, who have no idea what the word is, start laughing uncontrollably. “They didn’t hear you.” Josh says. “She said, ‘It’s not a restaurant.’” Ava says somewhat confused and we start laughing even more. She still had no clue that I had given away the clue itself. Glenn is the score keeper so he says, “I’ve got to see this word.” When he sees it, he actually laughed out loud. So I start roaring and tears were streaming down my cheeks. “I’ve never seen you laugh until you cry!” exclaims Sam. Finally we calm down and Josh has to give the first clue. “Eatery.” He says. “Do I dare say restaurant???” asks Ava. And Sam and Ava start to laugh even harder when they realize that I had said the word aloud. “I thought I was saying ‘It’s not a hard word!’” I protested.

Oh well. Perfection was never one of my strong points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i shall remember that password moments for a long time. I really have never seen anyone laugh themselves into tears. hehe.