Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No more.

It's pretty quiet around here today. Dar and Laurel are still asleep and the only ones awake are me and Cassie. And although I have Cassie with her booming deep (for a kid) voice, awake, it's still nice and relaxing. I have a really nice family.

In fact, she put on Laurels jacket and said to me, Want help? So I helped her with the zipper. Last Wednesday she put on my sweater that was longer and looked like yoda in jedi robes (minus the green puppet look). Very cute. No picture we took of her did it justice.

I'd like to give Laurel the nickname, Rory, because I really like the name. But, I know that won't go over well. I can hear her saying, no I'm Laurel, over and over again.

I'd also like to have another daughter and name her Mikayla, and for that matter I'd like a son to name him John William, because it humors me that he would be named after a famous composer of our time, and still have the dignity of his last name. But the fact that I really don't want to have anymore kids is a bit stronger, so I'll keep dreaming. Such is life.

It's really not that I don't want to have more kids, I just don't feel like I have the capablity to have more kids and still stay sane. I wouldn't be able to devote time to each kid the more I have, I mean as it is, if I had 16 hours I am awake in a day and divided it per kid, I would have 5 1/3 hours to spend with them each day. And it would lessen with each kid. I'd feel so guilty.

No comments: