Friday, May 12, 2006

Santa

My sister-in-law finally had her baby on Wednesday. It's a boy. Finally the Pung family has a boy to carry on the name. It seems so fitting that they have a boy. His name? Oliver Cole. I have already threatened to call him Coley. Coley is not a bad name, they just hate it and are planning on shooting me if it sticks. Somehow I think that kid will always be called Oliver. Just a hunch. Laurel was suppose to be a Laurie. The rest of my girls have nick-names, why not Laurel??? Strange world.

We've been trying to potty train Dar. And this week went better than last. She got sick of me setting the timer each hour to go to the bathroom, all week long, and has been asking to go now. She has made it a few times. Even when we are out shopping. Especially when we are shopping, she likes going to the bathroom in other places. Go figure.

I told Melissa that her boy would have no problems in sports, since my girls are so active. I wouldn't be surprise if any of them made pros of some sport.

Okay, I didn't read the article, but I just saw the title, and it was; I'm named after a food! by Chris Rice. I don't think the article is by Chris Rice, but about Chris Rice and how he felt about being named after a food. That's just insane. But fun in a good clean kind of fun way.

My married name is Pung which is German for sleigh maker. I had a guy the other day ask me if I was an elf and in anyway involved with Santa. I wish I would have thought of a really great retort to that, but I lamely laughed. I could have said so many things!

Like...
Yeah, me and Santa go way back. Or
No, I'm an elvish impersonator. Or
made up some crazy story about how Santa choose between Josh's family and the elves and it was this big struggle, so anyways, the elves won by magic (always do) and that's the reason we are so dirt poor. We messed up our chance for fame and riches! Could you imagine if it was Santa and his Pungs??? The girls wouldn't have to worry about paying for college, they'd go to school to be sleigh makers. I wonder which Pung decided that sleigh making wasn't for them???

It was Santa that broke the whole thing up. All those dashed dreams. I'm surprised the Pungs even believe in Santa anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys really got the shaft on that one. I guess I never realized that there might be some validation to how crazy you all are. Hm, go figure. :)

Though I'm pretty sure I would have chosen some crazy people over lame magic anyday. Psh, silly Santa.