Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm lucky.

Today the girls weren't terribly bad, well most of the time. Anyways it started to get "exciting" when my mom got home. She walks into the house saying, You've got the life of Riley. (What's that saying all about, anyways?!) And I just look at her. I have Dar on my leg whining, and Cassie just took her diaper off and wet the floor. And yes, I've taped her diaper on before.

So mom sent me off to the spa. But I didn't want to exercise. Getting all sweaty and gross was not the way I wanted to spend an hour or two out of the house today. Not that being sweaty is bad, I really don't mind it so much; but I certainly don't glisten, like some special few. About the only time I am beautiful is when I'm sleeping, mostly because I look like an angel, except when the drool is dribbling out my mouth. (Oh come on, everybody does. Both. Look like an angel when asleep, and drool. Equally.)

Anyways I was sent away. I decided I need to be refreshed, so I figured I needed to do something new and ordinary. Well being I just don't get out much by myself, I never know what to do. So I drove to Meridian, hoping I'd find something, even if I just walked around the mall (by then I was feeling guilty about the whole exercise thing). So I got my hair cut, by this wonderful salon artist. With 2 kids, and a life worse than mine. You have to talk when in a hair salon, it's mandatory. Anyways, afterwards I got a lemonade, (notice a pattern to the lemonade thing here?) and sat in one of the community chairs regulated for lost husbands and older men trying to get a date with one of the regular walkers. (Trust me, it happens, it's the spot to pick up an older lady with great legs, well so we hope.)

Anyways if I thought I had more time than that I probably would have visited a coffee house and seen what kind of conversations I could have gotten into. Not that I would have been successful, but for a hermit like me, sitting down in a coffee house by myself would be a big step. Actually talking to someone else would be huge. But I think it is something I have to try, to get over this ridiculous shyness act. I shouldn't be shy. Seriously. I have a lot to say.

As if you couldn't tell with this super long post.

No comments: