Friday, March 24, 2006

Blank of the day.

Sometimes you just don't want to know things about a person.

Somethings just gross me out that have no gross qualities about them.

That's a random Melism for you guys today.

I got this rockin random cd that I've been listening to today. I got up this morning at 530 to go with my mom to workout, and while I was driving I was listening to this cd, which I was surprised to find something I liked. A few somethings. Something... happens to be the word of the day. Say it with me. Something.

Anyways. I'm a little weird today. Maybe happy would explain it better.

I've been having this bad parent feeling going. Like everything I do is worthless, like I'm staying at home with these guys for no reason. Usually I take my job seriously, and enjoy as much of it as I can. Today I've seemed to have climbed over that wall again. I'm not such a bad parent after all. I think what helped me was this week my mom decided to call, and we met up with her at McDonalds so the kids could play at the playland. (I know sounds goofy and backwards, we did get something to drink) Anyways, we went and my girls are all playing and chasing, and really just being kids. "Look at the freedom." Happened to be what my mom said, while we were there. Well there came in a brother and sister with their mom, and they were maybe 7 years old. They were the sourest kids I have ever seen. The mom was sporting a frown, and the kids refused to play with my kids. Which is fine with me, except they were being nasty about it. Mean-spirited. My only hope for those kids is that they were just having a bad day. However, it made me realize how much I care for my kids. Without even realizing it, I give them the opportunity for amazing joy in their lives, to enjoy everything and encourage them. My kids are happy. They are joyous. They are active, they sing, dance, and play. They cry when they are hurt, they get into trouble, but it doesn't stop them from having a good day.

That's something I think we teach our kids without even realizing it. Your attitude towards life. No one said that life was easy, in fact I doubt that anyone thinks it is. Everyone has problems. It's all about how you handle it. I guess what I am getting at is that maybe I should be focusing on being positive more often than I actually do. I tend to be cynical. And I don't want my kids to mimic the poor behavior I have been modeling. Don't do what I do. Yeah... I need to prove it can be done.

That's the story of the day on Mel's blog.

The number of the day is 4 and the letter of the day is T. Remember the word of the day? It's something. The tissue of the day is Kleenex. In fact the animal of the day is the rare but unique, bald squinty-eyed blue faced monkey who has been holding his breath for way too long for it be healthy.

Alright. That's it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So i was walking around campus today and saw 4 bald squinty-eyed blue faced monkeys running around with Kleenex doing Something i don't want to "T"alk about. weird coincidence huh? (hehehohohaha bye)