Monday, March 20, 2006

Pick on Laurel day.

I've been wanting to write, but I've been sort of bummed lately. For no obvious reason. Rather than blog about being down and all, I've chosen to be silent. Trust me, it's better this way.

On an up note, I did get a guitar, and actually I'm surprised how fast I've picked it up. It's no wonder that people can play the guitar and not know how to read music. That's so weird and foreign to me; the concept of not being able to read music. Even though I know people who can't.

We took the girls to a playground after church yesterday. Laurel took a spill and of course she talked about it for the rest of the day. "I've got a bandaid." "We went to the playground and I fell." "I fell but daddy washed it and now it is all better." Seriously, is that all she thinks about? The big event of Laurel's day is her huge bandaid on her knee. I'm pretty sure I can make each day feel special by giving her a bandaid every single day for the rest of her life.

That and she got a name sticker (Hello, my name is...) at church, which she promptly decided was her Special Helper sticker, and proceeded to help out the teacher... throughout the entire service. Not a bad thing.

My mother was almost reduced to tears when Josh asked what she learned today and she said "I learned about Jesus. He washed their heads and helped others." And I thought he only washed feet...

Seems almost like it's pick on Laurel day on my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Technically your not picking on her your gushing proud things about her. though i have to agree with the bandaids, that girl is addicted to them like a squirrel is to nuts. :D
-sammi