Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hidden talents

So today I stopped by Josh's work. One of the agency's clients asked if the office was a father-son operation, with Josh as the son and Steve as the father. Mind you that Steve is not quite 40 yet, so that would make him 15 if he had Josh... It could happen I suppose. Anyways, Josh has been teasing him since, with things like, Can I borrow the car tonight Pops? Inserting Pops pretty much whenever convient.

So today I came in and said, "I heard you are my new father-in-law."
"Yeah," he says oddly, because Steve usually can kick out the comebacks.

Josh's co-worker Jo laughs, and ends up telling me how Josh has really been pestering him with that, which doesn't surprise me how ostentatious Josh is being. Alright he wasn't being bad about it, just teasing him. Anyways I get ready to leave and lean my head into the doorway and say "Bye, Dad." Jo gets a kick out of it, while he says, "You're grounded!" I come back with, "I haven't been grounded for 10 years!!!"

Not to make him feel old or anything, just fun. I'm sure with how many times I tease that I am going to get it full-tilt when I reach my age of oldness. In fact, I'm pretty sure I get full-tilt teasing now.... Ah well. He was laughing pretty good about the whole ordeal. Hey what can I say, I just make people feel a ton better about getting old. Obviously. My gift. Course he did say that if he wanted that kind of grief he'd just stay home. Is that my gift too? Making people want to go home?

Hmm. I have a lot of hidden talents.

No comments: