Monday, February 28, 2005

Anything and Everything

I just got up Cassie, and she is so cuddly and warm (yes she smells good too!). So we walked around the house, getting her first bottle around, and she was so sweet. I love my girls!

We got Mulan for Dar for her birthday, and there is this one scene when she is planning on leaving home to take her fathers place in the army, and it has really cool music during it. I've been looking at the soundtrack, but I don't think it has it on it. It has an Asian tint to it, but its like a cross between American rock and inspirational. How they could tie all those into one is amazing to me.

Yeah, so you can guess I love music, except for rap, and definitely all country. Well that's not exactly true, there are some oldies that they deem as country that I like, but hey, they're oldies right? They are in my book.

Anyways, this is pretty random for me today. I think if you keep listening to veggietales and princess sing-a-longs all day, you'd begin to really appreciate music too. Not that they are bad, but it gets kinda dull after a while. Especially with the princesses, they put this sickly sweet voice that closely imitates Cinderella to say gushy things in between songs. Its actually pretty annoying. But the girls like it, and my cousin talks like that on a regular basis, so I guess.....

Speaking of my cousin, her mother, yes, still my cousin.....and my mom and I went out to lunch yesterday. She is a very worldly woman. She's Catholic, who doesn't practice, and has been to numerous bible studies, and is pretty bible savvy for a Catholic. It's just like she doesn't get it. It doesn't apply to her. Or rather she doesn't apply it to her life. Don't get me wrong because this woman would do anything for you in a pinch. When my dad passed away, she was here for us in every way, shape, and form. She has a heart of gold whether it is misguided or not.

I know a lot of people who aren't in the position in their life to accept God, and live for him. And its like I mourn for them each day. Even if I am hopelessly flawed, I still can rely on God to get me through. What do they rely on? People around them? Their kids, parents, siblings? I know people can't be there all the time for you, only God can do that. Maybe they haven't realized that yet. Maybe their self-sufficiency has totally taken over. When they fear life, who do they turn to?

I guess its one of the unanswered questions in life.

No comments: