Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Prayer

Sometimes I am called to pray for certain people. Especially people I have officially met once, and see all the time.

I work out once a week at a gym, and one of the ladies that works there is always grumpy and has her nose in the air. God instantly called me to pray for her. I said, her? You want her to go to a church? You want her to become a member of your family? You want me to pray for her????

You'll never guess who showed up last week at my church.

Yes, the same woman. You'd think I'd learn. But no, I've been called to pray for a certain person for about a month now. They have been having family problems, so I instantly prayed for the family. But God said, no. Pray for him. My flesh cries out, but God he is so blessed and you want me to pray?

God isn't laughing at my prayers now. He's a bit more stern. Call me crazy. Call me a mystic. But I follow my heart. So this morning I sat down and prayed for him. We will see where God leads him in his life.

No comments: