Sunday, February 27, 2005

A Success Story?

Wow, just wow. We've been having a rough week, and I was a bit discouraged yesterday. So, we went to church last night and just wow. Noel had talked about success, and his prophets of success were Noah, Jeremiah, and Ruth. They each had their own sorrows and tortures in life, and yet still called them a success story. Want to know why? Because they were faithful, honest, and obeyed God. Then he told about his next door neighbor, who he also deemed a success story. And also about an internet comment someone had left on his website.

I quit a "very good" job, and moved with my wife 8 months pregnant and this verse really explains why; It to me encapsulates what I was feeling and could not put into words. My bosses wanted me to advise people to purchase products and investments that were not necessarily good for them, of that they did not need, in order to benefit their business; I felt that it was my place to be helping clients in an honest and faith filled way. My employers just could not grasp that there was more to life than greed and personal gain. They even ridiculed that my wife stayed at home with our other children because, after all, if she worked we would have more money...I did not start reading the bible until my wife got me into it very recently, and I am finding that a lot of what I felt was right to do was there all the time in black and white if I only took the time to look.

And this is a success story of lives today. My husband and I were in pure shock as this flashed up on the huge screen in front of us. I actually grabbed his hand, surprisingly. I'm not an affectionate person at all, and don't like public affection. But I have my moments. I knew what this person was going through. I'd had seen it. We had lived it.

It was us.

And I never thought of us as a success story. But I know God deems us as one. Whether the world ridicules us or people turn us away, God still knows what is in store for us. I've been listening to a song, its called Never Alone, by Barlowgirl. I don't usually like girl bands, but these girls rock. They have a couple of awesome songs on their cd, the others are alright, very girl bandy. But Never Alone, which is by the far the best song on this cd, well here is the chorus.

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone

How many times had I lived my life, clinging to the fact that God was taking care of us? Countless. You do what you got to do. You pack, you move, you take care of everyone to make sure they are okay, you keep things as normal as possible, and you cry later. You work through it, and each day gets easier. Definitely keep praying, God doesn't care if you pray little snipits throughout the day, I think he actually likes hearing from you continually. Maybe that's why he seems to laugh at my prayer so often, I can get pretty goofy sometimes. I know somewhere in the bible it says to pray and pray continually (Colossians 4:2 Continue earnestly in prayer....Acts 6:4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer......), in another part, pray steadfast, (Romans 12:12 ....Continuing steadfastly in prayer) and 1 Thessalonians 5:17, pray without ceasing.

God isn't ready to give up on me yet.

No comments: