Sunday, February 20, 2005

Oh no! Hat!

Okay I know this sounds odd, but Josh, my husband, Laurel, my daughter and I were walking to our car last night and doing that game, 123 jump. You know the one, one parent on each side, you count, and swing the kid on 3. We always make them count. Anyways, we stepped off the sidewalk, as we were coming out of church and my daughter cries out, "Oh no! Hat!" So we stop and pick up the lost little hat, and refit it to her head. Then as if nothing has changed we start the game again.

I wish my life was so simple. Don't we all? I get up in the morning with my girls and its like I am a slave for a good half an hour. I change diapers, get cereal, milk, bottles and make sure Laurels routine runs smoothly. (yes she has created her own routine in the morning) If she cries then the others start crying so you do what you got to do.....

So many times I wonder if its worth it. Then I am reminded that God calls us to be servants. He never said we were going to get the easy life and I have to hand it to Him, He was right. In fact, I find that my life can be harder because I do believe in God. Satan seeks those who actively live for God. The devil doesn't want anyone following God. He'd much rather have a neutral person than a Godly person. We always used to call these neutral people, pew warmers. They come to church to warm the pew, and act like they are gracing God's presence when God is really blessing us. Luckily for them, the word of God never returns void. (Isaiah 55:11)

So I don't really wish for the simple life, because that would mean a life without God. And is that really worth it?

No comments: