Friday, February 25, 2005

Extroverts?

I ran across the personality test in Noel's site and it seemed to fit me almost perfectly. And trust me that is rare. So I sent it to my sister, wrote my blog yesterday touching a little bit on the topic of extroverts and my sister and I ended up talking about it. It made me realize something. Being an extrovert is a style of approaching people, more than a personality type. I find that extroverts tend to leave out personal things in their lives, when they talk to people. So really, are they relating? Yes, they can be. When they have their "group" of close people they talk about their personal strengths and weaknesses, then they are balanced. That also got me thinking about the extroverts who don't have that safe guard of close-knit people.

Since I'm an extreme case of introvert, I usually talk to me, myself, and I. Introducing someone else in my life was just not an option. I think though, that it is easier for an introvert, once they realize they need people, to find that group of safe people. They know what qualities they are looking for, because its modeled after their thought process, rather than the extroverts style of talk. We'll just say that introverts are extremely picky, and that causes more problems than anything. For an extrovert, its almost like you weed through people. Introverts, instinctly know who are the weeds and who the possibilities might be.

This isn't from experience though, coming from a person with me, myself and I as my safe group. Trying to break out first is the hardest part to an introverts life. Finding people who understand instantly? Almost impossible. Where do you go? Bars? Yeah, laughable. Parks? Too many dogs. Church? Wow, what a concept.

Isolation is way too easy. It is a convenient way of bowing out of complicated lives, and not getting involved and caring for others. I don't care if you are an introvert or an extrovert, if you keep people at bay, you're alone. And I think, no, I know that God didn't intended this for us. Seeking out relationships, is one way to find that there are people out there who feel the same way you do. You find your struggles are the same, even if you are in different walks of life. Think if you can coach others through what you've experienced. Or here's a shocker, they could help you! I wasted my whole life, blocking people out of something that could have benefited everyone. It's not worth it. I'd suggest you start to get involved, and not just involved but interacting with others. Then you find out that people aren't so terribly different than you think. And don't get discouraged, God has someone in mind just for you to relate to.

No comments: