Monday, August 22, 2005

Guilty as charged

I've been neglecting my blogging duties.

Oh well.

I warned everyone anyways, since I've been busier, I haven't blogged... So it's not totally a bad thing.

We've been fixing up the house around here. Painting, repairing, trimming, you name it. Since Dar got a new bed, I've been painting it and today get to touch it up, so we will see where my painting skills lie.

It's sad that I am not much of a tomboy anymore, I'm not a heels 24/7 kind of girl, but I'm just not that tomboyish anymore. I'm different every day. Sometimes (though rarely) I dress to impress, but most days, I'm comfortable, which isn't always that fashionable (and consists of pjs).

Yesterday, after I played softball, I went over to Josh's parents. Josh was over there with the girls, and it ended up that the next door neighbor kids asked Laurel to come over and play. Well, I guess they have been asking Laurel for weeks to come over, but Laurel didn't translate to us that she was asked over. That girl needs to learn some communication skills. What can I say, she lives in her own little world. Hmm, wonder who that's like....

Anyways, we went over to play and Laurel is afraid of dogs, and have this huge dog that's only a year old, so of course, he likes to jump and lick and gets excited and it freaks Laurel out. We finally convinced Laurel that she could co-habitate in the same space as the dog, and Josh walks over because Dar is literally trying to jump the 6 foot fence to play with the kids (she doesn't like being left behind). Story: Dog starts getting wild again, and Dar takes it, in fact, loves it. Laurel freaks out again, climbing the nearest human (me) to get away from it. The dog went inside.

So this three-ring circus starts, I'm sure the neighbor wasn't expecting the whole Pung family to come into their yard because here comes Cassie with my sister-in-law. Well Cassie can't be constrained, and thinks she is still in the country and starts crossing into other people's yards thinking it's a great chasing game.

Yeah fun. I have wild girls, and quite frankly I like their streaks of independence.

Oh yeah the point was that I went over in my softball clothes, which are sweats and a baggy T. And I must have been a mess, since I had dog hair and sand everywhere. I felt bad until the neighbor came out in pretty much the same attire, and we had some decent conversation.

Oh that was lengthy and really pointless, why didn't somebody stop me?

No comments: