Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mel: 0 Pavement: 1 Pool out because of injury

I haven't been sleeping good lately. Not sure what I've been worried about, well that's not exactly true. I keep preparing for something bad to happen to Josh's job. Which Josh loves. He has a really good job.

So really I've been going to bed worried and that translates to insomnia.

That and I know I'm not being a good mom lately. I know I haven't been paying enough attention to my kids, and today I plan on just sitting on the floor and playing until they get sick of me. And with 3 of them, that's hard to do, especially with a 1 year old who loves attention. Let's get down to what's really important here.

I am getting new contacts/glasses today. Not exactly by choice, but I won't be able to see if I wait any longer. I'm surprised that my contacts haven't disintegrated.

I've started running this week in the morning. Today I was running down my road and this semi stopped on the side of the road ahead of me. I decided that wasn't exactly the safest situation, with houses set back from the road 1/4 of a mile or so, and if something happened, no one would hear me scream. So I turned around. After the semi started up again, he ended up driving past me, and I was so busy watching him, to make sure he didn't stop again, I took a dive and the pavement decieved me and won. Luckily, after hitting the pavement I rolled right into the grass on the side to stop momentum, otherwise, my face would have met and kissed the pavement. I wasn't about to let it do that. I'm sure that the guy who was driving toward me, was busting a gut, (I could think of several funny things they could say in that instant: now you see me, now you don't....or shouting: Runner down!!!) he didn't stop to help however, and I think that I was more grateful that he didn't, I probably would have bit his head off.

Oh yeah, and that kid pool in our backyard bit the dust. My mom ran it over with the lawnmower. Thank goodness I don't let my kids out while she mows(minus sitting on her lap, she can't mow over them that way). I really don't want a mulched kid.

I get into more trouble fighting with inanimate objects than people.

No comments: