Friday, August 12, 2005

Un-Mel like

I'm excited because it's Mint Fest this weekend in St. Johns. Everyone (alright all the geeks) in St. Johns and their kids get together to watch a parade, look through the crafts, animals, listen to music (good and bad alike) and you name it all in the city park (minus the parade, that's downtown). Anyways, last year the Pung family all walked down from Josh's parents house to the park, and we split up to look around and sometimes caught up with other Pungs, and walked around with them for a while. It was fun, so Melissa and I planned on doing it again, but neglected to tell the Pung boys. So Barney was on the phone with Josh, and he's like so what are you doing for Mint Fest.

Ha, we booked you already.

So Melissa and I told them what we had planned already, and really started ripping on them, so this weekend should be fun. Good stuff.

Josh is getting out at 1 today for Mint Fest. And his boss gave him a totally awesome raise. We were satisfied with what we were making, but he likes Josh and his hard work a lot. We are so shocked that God is that good to us. I am certainly not that good to Him. Especially lately.

Josh and I have been having long talks lately, which is really great. Quite frankly I don't get enough of those, and am left to my own devices of destruction. Such as thinking I am doing everything all by my lonely self, pity party here, and telling myself that the pity party isn't accomplishing anything, so I move on. It gets pretty pathetic, and actually having decent conversations, (that don't involve what Dar made out of noodles today) keeps me somewhat balanced.

Yes, I said somewhat balanced. Come on. You think I could be totally and completely balanced? That is very un-Mel like. I wouldn't be me without the unbalaced but interesting lifestyle I have so created. It's just not possible.

I'm a saint, what can I say...

Saint Mel.

Sounds good.

No comments: