Monday, August 01, 2005

Mel vs. Pool

I decided to be super mom today. The kid's pool was getting pretty gross, since a frog jumped in and I couldn't even see it at the bottom. So after I fished out the frog, (and showed it to the kids of course, Laurel wasn't too thrilled) I decided to clean out the pool. Well I got as much water out by a 5 gallon bucket as I could, by bailing it out like on a fisherman's boat that sprung a leak. Then I tried to tip it over. Well evidentially I wasn't strong enough just to "tip" it , as simple as it sounds, and managed to get into a fight with it. I'd get it half over and not be able to lift it, and so on. So I finally get it to stay half over and have this great idea to ride the pool so my weight would make it tip over. First try, and I figure I just didn't do it right, the second time I give it a good rush, and the pool flings me backwards, tossing my butt into the rest of the water (fully clothed, although already muddy) and my legs above my head wrapped somewhere in the middle of the rest of the pool. Laurel starts busting a gut seeing me fall into the water, since physical humor is so rich when you're 4 years old. I manage to get out of the pool, though I am not sure how, and notice that since the pool is in half, I can bail the rest of the water out, and actually tip over the pool. Success. Muddy but successful.

You were rooting for the pool to win, weren't you!!!

No comments: