Thursday, September 08, 2005

I was reading a passage in Revelations (21:1-4) today, and I read the first part which is,

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

No sea? I thought. Well I guess in new Heaven and the new earth we wouldn't need to drink, and really right now all we are doing by drinking and eating is sustaining our bodies. I have to admit though, food is good. I enjoy my food. I'm curious if God will allow food even though it's not needed. Here is second thought...what if we don't have these desires either? Would that make for a boring heaven?

I'm sure God intends more than us singing hymns all the time. Although...I do love to sing, so really it's not such a bad thing.

The last part of the passage is this.

There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Here are my thoughts. The old order of things will pass away. So everything we know and think of as normal will pass, and become different. Not that we won't be able to adapt to it, but I'm curious how it will go. Even if I imagine what it will be like, I will still be surprised.

And I wanted to plan out my future.

No comments: