Saturday, June 11, 2005

Arf.

My girls like to sing one of the veggie songs about a puppy. Well they get to the climax at the end, which in the original version is off-key, so they hit it for all it's worth and then bark at the end like the veggie does. Which is hilarious to hear for the first time. And actually I still laugh when I hear them singing it, because they get the other one going, and have a blast doing it. I think our van is a soundboard or something, because we are always singing in the van. We sing You are my Sunshine to soothe Cassie. Old McDonald is a favorite, however, they don't quite get the concept about changing the animals and their favorite part is EIEIO which gets a little obsessive after a while.

I guess Josh when he was a kid went through a phase, of repeatedly singing, California here I come.....

So it can't be too much worse than that. My niece was always singing when she was little, usually from The Little Mermaid, when she was with us anyways. I seem to remember that my mom opened up the windows so that her and a friend of hers could belt tunes out the window.

And here I thought we were crazy ones trying to teach my nephew to bawk like a chicken on the same trip.

I'm not sure my sister will ever let us take her kids anywhere ever again....(we have too much fun, I think!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember driving around with Joe and Amanda during the summer and we rolled down the windows and were screaming Christmas carols. That was a good time.

- Jeff