Saturday, June 18, 2005

Maybe I'm older than 13 after all

My daughter saw a picture of my sister today. My sister lives really far away and we don't really get to see her or her kids very often. So Laurel and I were talking about the picture.

She calls her Aunt Selwee, (Shelly) and she happens to be at work in her picture. When Laurel asked where she was, (and to be totally honest, she asked if she was in the bathroom) I told her that she was at work. So she said, Aunt Selwee's at work. Laurel understands being at work. Daddy does it almost every day.

So I've got to invest some time into changing my 22 years to 23 on my blog. My mom and I went out for lunch and shopping, and the waiter at the restaurant said he just turned 22, and that it wasn't as exciting as 21. I told him it's all down hill from there, and he said, what are we going to do at like 60. My mom's like "Hey now." (don't worry she hasn't reached 60 yet, she's closer to 29.)

I decided that this birthday I was going to do what I wanted to do instead of waiting around trying to figure out what I wanted. I was out the door at 10 o'clock this morning.

Maybe next year I'll treat myself to a steak dinner and ice cream....well not that Olive Garden and a rum in coke stop at Rookies was bad.....I love being over 21. They ID you, but somehow you manage to get away with a drink. Good thing I'm not a big drinker.

No comments: