Thursday, June 16, 2005

Whole lot of nothing.

We had another successful day getting out of Riverview. Relief. The girls have been pretty great today, and that is just so awesome. Dar and Cassie even went to the other workers and played with them. How cool.

Yesterday, Josh walks in the door and says I am ready to read a really inspirational blog today, and sits down to the computer to read my three lines of cheating.

I conned Josh to take all three girls to go and get an oil change for the van. I called him in the middle to ask if spaghetti sounded good to him, and he said, "Yes! I think I've lost 15 pounds in the last 20 minutes I've been here." He made it home fine, and it was a quick recovery.

I, however, relaxed while he was gone, i.e. laid down and didn't move. Trust me, that is really weird for me. I ended up getting up after half an hour, not being able to stand it.

Today I told the teens in my class not to have kids until they were 30. Not that kids aren't great when you are 20, but they're hard. On second thought, I do believe that it has made me a better person. I never really knew what I was made of before I had my kids. And now I know I have that diligence and strength to keep going on each day. Not only do I feel I have to keep on keeping on for my kids, I actually want to.

Crazy.

And all this running around each morning getting them out the door and up to kid's kamp really has been a great thing for my kids. They are loving that we leave and come home for the afternoon each day. It's been interesting. Different than the norm.

No comments: