Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Pink, I just don't know why.

My husband said I was decidedly pink today. I don't know why I earned this title of pink, but he said I have a lot of Mel-isms today, and that is why I am pink.

It's weird for me to meet people for the first time, or even just see someone. I get these weird gut instincts about some of them. There was one guy I knew that I had never actually met until a lot later, but I knew that we would meet eventually. It's kind of like a halo effect except not, it seems to surround them and you just know, no matter what you do, something about that person is going to pop out to you. And there won't be anything you can do about it. You can fight it all you want, it won't help.

I am a poor example of making eye contact. I know it isn't insecurity, I just see qualities in people, and I shy away from it. There is such a thing as making too much eye contact, although I rather doubt I will be a case of this. I know I have a critical eye, and quite honestly I really want to help others with their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I would much prefer someone told me a fault of mine, and although I may be hurt, I think about it and how I can change it. I certainly don't possess any magic skills or anything, but I think one of the reasons I stayed away from other human beings so long is because I don't like what I see. If I see a certain characteristic, is it because I have seen it in me? It goes along with the whole “I don’t like what I see in the mirror” theory. I ran away from others to get away from myself.

Don't get me wrong, I see plenty of positive attributes. And it doesn’t make me know anything about people. I am still perplexed about human minds as everyone else. Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy or I have some odd obsession when I have those gut instincts. I think in any other life, I would have been a mystic, instead of some weird variant of Christian. I wonder what God has in store for me. I know I’m not a normal human being. Anybody raise your hand if you think you’re not normal. Oh good, I’m not alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raises hand.

I get gut feelings about people too, but usually for me it is at work. I get kind of an idea as to what they are interested in looking at and what they need. Really odd. Hi you're coming in to pay your bill but I've got a gut feeling retirement savings has been on your mind lately even though you're only in your 20's...*poof* customer sits down and starts retirement plan...un-canny...

So what does everyone else's gut tell them?