Thursday, June 30, 2005

I never win when it comes to my in-laws

I am very disappointed with my in-laws today.

Warning: Jeff said I should have laid out the situation last time. So this time I'm going to do it. I doubt it will glorify God. And makes me a horrible person. But if I don't get it out I will regret that I never said anything.

I went to drop off stuff for the food bank today at my mother-in-laws work. And Dar was with me, so I figured stopping by her grandmothers office would be great for them both. Well she wasn't there and had a fill in to work her job. Sure okay, well their house is around the corner so I stop. She isn't home, and Grandma Cole is there. She tells me that they both (get that...both my in-laws) went to help Josh's brother put in his carpet. Now normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this except, they both took the day off to help out his brother. They refused to help us AT ALL when I was in the hospital with Cassie. We had to beg Sam to watch the girls so my mother could get her work done. And she watched them for 2 hours. 2 hours!!!!! That pissed me off. She told my mom she had to go home after 2 hours so she could watch a TV SHOW. I don't care that my in-laws talked to Sam afterwards and she got a talking of her lifetime. She really let me down, when I needed her most.

See why I am angry?

What makes Josh's brother and sister so much more important? Are we not worth their time? Do they really hate us that much?

The right thing to do would be to confront them, then forgive and forget. I know this. What I want to do is scream at them without letting them talk and make sure they never see my kids again.

Because that is not right.

But what I want to do is not right either. So I should do what is right to make it right. I may not be Abe Lincoln. But I doubt he had in-laws like mine.

I hope that I don't have my facts straight. Then I can just say that I'm sorry for believing the worst about them and be done. I don't want to fight. But I don't like that they play favorites, and we get crapped on every time. This is the main reason I want to confront them, I really want to make it right.

Sorry about the crappy post. But I never say anything about the bad parts of my life until it's done and over with and like a fool make myself turn out to be the good guy of the situation. It's one of those masks I like to put on. One of those things I hate about myself. And one of those things I want to change about me.

To be continued...

No comments: