Monday, June 13, 2005

Wow. The truth about Josh comes out.

I'm tired. I just worked in the nursery at Kids Kamp, and we had 7 kids, give or take a few. I had two teenagers helping out, and for those kids under 2, it's really hard to take care of them for 3 hours. I'm sure you lose a couple pounds just from running around and getting juice and snacks for them. We tried taking them outside, which I didn't realize how wet it was, and one of the kids decided to jump into the mud. That pretty much ended our outside adventure.

Laurel, who is a decidedly spacy girl, I guess walked off a couple times. Laurel is really in her own little world. I think it makes it much more interesting for her. So I went to pick her up, and the teacher was like, Is she always like this? Yes. Yes, she is.

She got it from Josh. Josh will zone out at times or when we are getting ready to go, he barely gets himself ready. We add on a whole half hour if Josh is going with us. Seriously. I got up at 730 today, and the girls and I were out the door at 8. Josh did help us, but he wasn't getting himself ready, so we didn't have to wait around or prompt him to get his shoes on.

Sorry Josh. It's true.

Josh is much better at other things. I guess Einstein couldn't do the normal daily stuff, but he made it up in other areas. Josh is a lot like this, except not such an extremist. Josh can tie his shoes, so he doesn't have the brain capacity to be a super-genius.

I don't think I have time to take care of super-genius anyways. 3 kids and a semi-genius is more than enough.

No comments: