Sunday, June 05, 2005

Well the Amazon could be pretty sight-worthy

We went to my in-laws last night, and the girls did surprisingly well getting out of there. We only had to chase down Laurel once. (Which is beyond amazing.) And then quietly, no fighting, carrying of kids, or anything, we walked out the door.

Hopefully church will be the same today. I hope, I hope.

I usually wear contacts, in fact my glasses are my old prescription, so I can see but I can't all at the same time. When I'm home, I wear my glasses, and quite honestly I don't even know why anymore. I can be looking at a sign maybe ten feet away from me and not be able to read it. My glasses just tend to make things less fuzzier than before.

I hate the fact that my eyesight keeps getting worse. Not only does it mean your getting older, which isn't too much of a problem for a 22 year old, (though you start to think about it a little more as time goes on) but what if you are in some extreme condition like you were dropped off in the forests of the Amazon, what would you do with your contacts? I mean really for survival, they aren't all that handy. Unless you have the type that stay in for weeks at a time, you're fresh out of luck. So you're stumbling around in the Amazon, not able to see, for fear of them sticking to your eyes permanently, and that's considering you'd live long enough to get through the Amazon.

Just a fleeting thought that goes through my head.

Oh yeah, I finally got a cell phone. I almost didn't just for the sheer fact that some lady on a cell phone turned onto the one way street, the wrong way and was heading straight at me on Thursday. My mom was in the car with me, and said oh yeah, One more reason not to get a cell phone. Check. I said.

No comments: