Monday, June 20, 2005

Doctors stink.

Laurel stepped on a bee yesterday. Thinking nothing of it, we got her inside and cleaned it, and we put tea bags on it to lessen the swelling. Which it did and it was fine. So she got down to play again. This morning she woke up and her foot was double the size it should be. I knew she wasn't allergic, because my mom is severely allergic, and I've seen the reaction. That was already crossed out in my mind. So I tried to get the swelling down, and got it down to golf ball size, and still called the doctor, figuring that there might be something we can do to ease her (doesn't even have to be medicine, actually I prefer that it isn't).

I got into the doctors office, found someone to take care of my two girls, and of course we waited, which didn't bother me as much as ER, you know? It was important but not deadly. By the time I saw the doctor, which wasn't my actual doctor by the way, they got me in to see another one in the office, he basically told me I was an incompetent fool and that there is nothing I can do.

I don't mind that there isn't anything to do but ice it and keep it elevated, (which I already knew) but he didn't have to make me feel like I am an idiot. I was afraid with the way it was swelling, that she had twisted her ankle in some way. Which he didn't ask what happened.

So I've sworn off doctors. Unless we are heavily bleeding, or have an obvious broken bone, I will take care of it myself. I have plenty of resources in my reach, and I am certainly not stupid.

Plus it will cost less.

No comments: