Friday, June 17, 2005

Weddings

We went to my cousins wedding this past weekend. Since it was a sit down meal and no kids, I figured it would be a good time. Plus I get to support my cousin. You know.

Sometimes I cry at weddings, but I either really have to know the person, or be super happy for them to cry. This time I cried when groom started choking up. Yes the groom. How could anyone help it?

I know, sometimes it's viewed as a sign of weakness, but for me, it was just totally awesome, that he cared that much about her to bust out a few tears. It was then I realized that their life was going to be okay.

When I got married, maybe I was an atypical bride, I wasn't very emotional at all until I went up those stairs at the church, and saw my brother standing there. Then I cried. The floodgate had opened.

So weddings. It's one of those times it's okay that a man weeps. I think I respect him more because he does.

No comments: