Thursday, June 23, 2005

A little bit of everything

My nephew fell 40-50 feet out of tree a few days ago. And he is still alive. He broke a few things, but being 12, I'm sure he will heal fast. Hopefully they will let him out of the hospital soon.

It's funny to think how things just happen. My brother was planning to head down there this Saturday, in fact, he's been planning on going down for months now, (way before my nephew fell) then head over to Florida when we go. I'm glad he will be with my nephew this week, I think they'll need quite a bit of help.

A few years ago, we were planning on having my sister in law up to visit us in Marquette. I was pretty pregnant at the time, but I wanted to take her and Laurel sledding, and show her around Marquette, Mel style. A few days before she came up, Josh lost his job, and instead of all the fun activities I had planned for the week, my sister-in-law and I had to pack our house up to move back downstate. I still feel bad that we didn't get to enjoy the time she came to see us, but we really didn't have much of a choice. It's funny that things just happen this way. Exactly like my nephew and my brother.

I wish that I could be there for my friends and family more. Like packing up my best friend, to move to South Carolina, but then someone would have to be with the girls 24/7 and the only one who has time for that is me. I get pretty sick of being the only one that takes care of my kids 24/7, and why shouldn't I take care of them, they are mine. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I just feel like I'm being left behind, and I don't like it. I guess really it comes down to the question, do I really want to sacrifice my kids for what I want to do in life? And the answer is No. So until they are officially out of the house, or old enough to pay rent, I am here for them 24/7. A break would be nice though, and I'm not even saying a 2 day trip to the Bahamas, I'm really interested in going on some missions trip for a few days. Just experience something totally different. Something I can bring home to my kids and tell them about my trip and how the world works there.

And when they are old enough maybe I'll get to do that. I try to enjoy every thing I have right now and some days it takes a lot to get through the day with a smile still plastered on my face. Not even a smile, sometimes just making it through the day without pulling my hair out. I can't help but struggle with what I have been given. I don't think there is a single person who doesn't feel frustrated with their lives in some way, shape or form.

And quite frankly, I have nothing to complain about. I have a great family. We live in a house. Josh has a job. We can pay our bills. And God is always there for us. Why would I want to complain?

Because I'm human...it would be against human nature if I didn't want to.

Yeah, it still doesn't make it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make it sound like you getting out of the house is 18 years off. Once the youngest is Laurel's age, babysitting will be your new best friend. Your kids just need you now.

- Jeff